Astrix Job Opening – Sr. Government Sales Executive
Astrix Technology Group is an established IT Services firm providing consulting, development, and integration services to the scientific community since 1994. Our private sector clients include industry-leading chemical, life science, and biotechnology firms such as Aventis, BASF, Bayer, BP Oil, Dow, FMC, Rohm and Haas and Syngenta. Astrix possesses a GSA Schedule for Laboratory/Scientific information Management Services and our federal clients include the Departments of Defense, Energy and Environmental Protection as well as partners such as CACI, Lockheed Martin, SAIC and SRA. Astrix is seeking a qualified professional to fill a Senior Sales Executive Position to develop and grow our government sector business.
This position will be responsible for Business Development within new and existing accounts in our Government Division. The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior track record in meeting and exceeding sales objectives and goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in making presentations to key decision makers at a senior technical and managerial level.
- Be a self-starter and able to qualify sales opportunities, identify key buying influences and close business.
- Demonstrated success in targeting, prospecting and penetrating government commercial clients in the federal, state and local laboratory complex. .
- The ability to consult with clients and advises them on Astrix’s technical capabilities, promoting our services that address client’s’ needs.
- Generate proposals that successfully address the client’s technical, functional and budgetary requirements
- Ensure that high level user needs and requirements are understood and communicated effectively to the Astrix services delivery team.
- Participates in the development of client projects and contribute from a high-level perspective to ensure client satisfaction, future opportunity identification and account growth.
- The ability to identify and qualify new business opportunities and markets.
The candidate should have at least ten years of demonstrated success selling technology services to commercial and government sector clients. Intimate knowledge of the federal procurement process and existing contacts and relationships with federal clients (DOE, EPA, HHS, DoD) is required. A Bachelors Degree in a scientific field is preferred but not required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and ACT!
This position will report to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and is available immediately. Some domestic travel will be required. Benefits include competitive salary, incentive compensation, health/ dental benefits, 401K and paid vacation/holidays.