To Apply for this position – Email your resume and cover letter to Sarah Houghton – email@example.com
Astrix is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst for projects with our pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as key liaison and subject matter expert between IT and scientific business stakeholders.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Lead requirements elicitation sessions and review sessions with scientific business and IT resources.
- Perform current state analysis of existing laboratory processes, applications, and functions.
- Document, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- Produce timely and high-quality work products, including process flows, requirement specifications, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Plan, facilitate, and develop test documentation and scripts
- Execute system / functional testing and UAT
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core scientific and laboratory business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects.
- Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field, computer science or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst.
- Experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Experience in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- Experienced in test planning, test case development and execution.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Subject Matter Expertise in pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical processes.
- Expertise in scientific informatics tools including LIMS, ELN and SDMS.
- Experience in R&D or manufacturing with familiarity of GxP requirements.
- Experience as a consultant or management consultant highly desirable.