Director Business Development, West Coast
As a Director, Business Development West Coast with Astrix Technology Group you will combine exceptional sales skills in complex selling at the Executive level within the science-based markets, with the ability to understand and translate the customer needs into deliverable solutions. You will therefore be a key influencer in the development of future service solutions and IT strategies within Astrix Technology Group and have a direct impact on our business direction as you drive the sales of our solutions and service offerings into new market areas.
Responsible for strategic account development, proposing and presenting Astrix technology Group’s solutions and closing the sales of major, multi-million dollar, service deals, this represents a significant opportunity for an ambitious individual who excels in exceeding their sales quota to join a leader in science based consulting services.
- Successfully identify, develop and win, deep and complex, multi-million dollar, service and solution sales, to drive the future business direction of our product strategy into new markets within the scientific domains.
- Account development – building long-term strategic relationships at the VP and Executive Director level while engaging tactically within divisional or departmental groups to develop new business opportunities and successfully close business.
- Identify medium to long term customer problems and business issues, translating these into opportunities to be able to propose effective solutions that provide a definite ROI and deliver improvements to our customer’s business processes.
- Respond to formal tenders and drive successful contract negotiations.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales target by continually winning new business and developing and maintaining exist accounts.
- Deliver superior customer service, following up with the customers on a regular basis.
- Perform in a team environment and co-ordinate with other departments to achieve high sales targets and maintain customer satisfaction levels
- Confidently predict and articulate the needs of your customers to the Executive team to enable these requirements to be translated into long term strategic deliverable solutions
- Directly impact the business by driving the success of major strategic accounts within the America’s
Qualifications and Skills
- Must reside in California
- A verifiable successful track record of quota attainment selling deep and complex multi-million dollar consulting and service solutions and products to the pharmaceutical market.
- Highly competent at managing and developing strong strategic relationships with large, complex global enterprises at the executive level with the emphasis on results and building long-term rewarding and profitable partnerships.
- Excellent grasp and a deep understanding of the pharma industry and its medium to long term business challenges in order to propose effective strategic solutions for their future direction and growth.
- Experience in dealing with both R&D and manufacturing organizations.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and workings of a global consulting company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of knowledge around the products, services and solutions offered to confidently deliver and represent these offerings to the customer
- Possess executive-selling skills to build and maintain account relationships at Executive Management level while engaging tactically within divisional or departmental groups
- Competent in managing and executing multi-level, multinational, complex sales opportunities across the business with a proven ability to leverage internal resources as needed
- Self-driven and self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal skills combined with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills – highly articulate at understanding and then explaining customer problems in order to propose solutions to address the issues.
- Able to articulate and confidently address the scientific and technical issues faced by science-based customers to influence the shaping of the product development strategy within the R&D department
- Key partnership relationship management with global system integrators
- Successful at working independently and partnering with the global sales team combined with the ability to foster excellent team relationships across multiple internal departments at all levels within the organization.
- Seasoned business traveler.
- Highly numerate and technical and able to accurately forecast sales pipeline data.
- Knowledge of CRM systems