Astrix in the News
News & EventsNews and Insights for Scientific Informatics Professionals
Astrix Webinar – Practical Enterprise Architecture for the Laboratory
A webinar sponsored by the Astrix Technology Group
Date: Thursday, February 22nd, 2018
Watch the On-Demand Video
For research and development organizations, a fully-integrated laboratory environment that delivers digital continuity across the project lifecycle is an important key to driving innovation and being competitive. Achieving this goal requires an overarching program to blend software systems such as ELNs, LIMS, CDS, and SDMS through multiple implementation projects, typically over the course of several years. A critical component to a successful program is a comprehensive business driven informatics architecture with a practical roadmap to deployment.
This webinar will focus on pragmatic architecture for the laboratory: how to organize and prioritize the high-level picture in order to maintain the trajectory needed across implementation projects to reach the goal.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to document the as-is state and develop a future vision of laboratory data and information.
- How to generate an overall structure of IT capabilities to support the data and information vision and the importance of a balanced view of functional and operational considerations.
- How to create a practical multi-year roadmap with an emphasis on controlling risk and delivering business value.
- Why upfront-only architecture isn’t sufficient to ensure success and how to maintain alignment across multiple projects and multiple years.
This webinar is applicable to:
- IT leadership responsible for the management of laboratory data and systems.
- Laboratory Managers and Directors
- Executive Management
Dave Dorsett has more than three decades of experience in R&D informatics throughout the global pharmaceutical, chemical, and consumer goods industries. He has an extensive track record architecting, designing, and delivering commercial and in-house informatics solutions across the R&D spectrum, from early research through late-stage development.