Wet Lab Scientist
We are seeking a contracted Wet Lab Scientist to work with our client in the Departments of Cell and Tissue Genomics in South San Francisco.
The candidate will have the opportunity to partake in cutting edge experimental platforms in the department including in vitro and in vivo pooled screening efforts as well as profiling efforts with multimodal single cell and spatial read-outs. The individual will be expected to work independently in the lab while collaborating with colleagues across various functional areas. The candidate will also be expected to communicate the results to the various teams.
Who You Are:
- The qualified individual will possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology or related field with relevant experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in aseptic handling of cell lines and primary cells.
- Experienced in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning, transfection and transduction.
- Self-motivated individual who has clearly demonstrated a passion for scientific research.
- Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also collaborate with project teams.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Educational requirement will vary with professional industry experience. For approximation, BS degree and 3-5 years of experience.
- Familiarity with single cell workflows.
- Experienced in flow cytometry
Terms: 6 month contract
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Pay Rate: $45-60/hour DOE