Water Treatment Plant Operators
- Location: Dallas, NC
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #37762
This is a great opportunity to start your scientific career or field of environmental sciences!
Pay Range: $17-$22/hr
Schedule: Full time position with monthly rotating shifts; Includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts and weekends
Type of Job: 6 Month Contract with potential for extension or conversion to hire
Responsible for performing routine technical and skilled work in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles, practices, equipment, and methods used in wastewater treatment; knowledge of the occupational hazards of the work and of necessary safety precautions; knowledge of biology and chemistry as related to the specific treatment process; ability to adjust pumps, chemical feed machines and other plant equipment; ability to check the operation of equipment and to detect defects in operation; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to take accurate readings, ability to keep routine records and to make mathematical computations; ability to maintain effective working relationships with others. On-the-job training is available to a successful candidate that does not have wastewater treatment plant operations experience.
- Monitors proper functioning of pumps, motors, chlorinators, filters, and chemical feeders making adjustments as necessary to maintain proper flow
- Develops and implements system control methods to maintain required parameters
- Conducts operation of computerized Supervisory Control and Data Acquisitions system (SCADA)
- Changes charts on recording meters and gauges; collects wastewater samples from designated points
- Makes regular tour of plant and checks engines, generators, pumps, aerators, mixing basins, settling basins, digesters, filters, clarifiers, and other equipment for proper functioning; makes routine physical and chemical tests, recording results.
- On-the-job training is available to a successful candidate that does not have wastewater treatment plant operations experience.
The physical activity of this position includes:
Worker can be subjected to hazards, loud noises, various weather and atmospheric conditions
High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Biological Wastewater Operator certification is preferred.
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!