Vet Tech Services Specialist
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Type: Contract
- Job #37521
Vet Tech Services Specialist
$20/hour – Monday to Friday 9am-6pm EST – 12-month remote assignment
Our world-renowned client in Animal Health Science is seeking Vet Tech Service Specialists to join their growing team! The ideal candidate possesses strong customer service skills and experience in a veterinary or animal health setting.
- Addresses and responds to all product inquiries, complaints, and suspected adverse events in a timely and appropriate manner and in compliance with US regulations (FDA, USDA, EPA), relevant GMPs, company policies and procedures for the capture, maintenance and reporting of adverse events and product quality complaints.
- Receive all product inquiries, complaints, and suspected adverse events that may arise by usage of or experience with company products. Communication may be received from (but are not limited to) veterinarians, veterinary technicians and other veterinary support staff, consumers (pet owners), company sales personnel, distributor sales representatives, or other company personnel. The major form of communication is via telephone but may include email and hand delivered mail.
- Provide information and support as requested in the following areas: proper product use, extra-label use, literature requests, adverse events, and unexpected response to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy, and product or packaging defects.
- Maintain a high level of technical and clinical expertise related to company products. Constantly upgrade technical expertise by reading journals and attending scientific seminars.
- Document all communications within the BIVI Validated Database (PVWorks) in accordance with company SOPs and all compliance/GMP requirements and assess and implement appropriate responses and procedures.
- This position requires someone with a strong customer service background and a commitment to excellence. This position must understand the balance of providing customer service in a regulatory compliance environment to ensure strict adherence to all principles of good product stewardship to maximize product sales.
- Must understand the balance of providing excellent customer service in a regulatory compliance environment
- Must possess a strong understanding of basic veterinary practice issues and procedures.
- Attention to detail, quality focused and strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and to balance business needs with user friendliness.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility.
- Associate Degree or higher in Life Sciences/Veterinary Technician AND a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a veterinary clinic as a veterinary assistant and/or technician
- Animal Health or related industry and/or regulatory experience a plus!