Upstream ERPD Contract Research Associate
Upstream Research Associate
Competitive Pay – Desirable Hours – Great Company with Exciting Mission!
Astrix is seeking a Research Associate to join our client’s growing Process Development team in the Columbus, Ohio area! The ideal candidate will be well-versed in mammalian cell culture techniques with at least one year of hands-on laboratory experience. Apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- Maintain and scale up mammalian cell culture seed trains using aseptic techniques.
- Develop proficiency in bioreactor manipulation and control software operations.
- Take routine samples from ongoing productions and evaluate critical performance attributes.
- Perform daily management of consumables and waste streams, including buffer and tubing preparation.
- Participate in the maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of upstream instruments.
- Support upstream team members in experiment setup, execution, breakdown, and analytical sample submission.
- Assist in the proper documentation of experimental records.
- Present research findings in group meetings to team members and leadership.
- Coordinate weekly/monthly laboratory activities.
- Contribute to a safe, efficient, and effective team environment with personal accountability.
- Bachelor of Science in biochemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, molecular genetics, or a related science / engineering discipline with 1-3 years of hands-on laboratory experience (required).
- Master of Science with 1-3 years of industry experience (highly preferred).
- Previous experience of mammalian cell culture techniques such as cell passaging, aseptic technique processing, transient transfection and cell culture harvest (highly preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and knowledge of statistical software (highly preferred).
Candidates must take a background check and drug screening for this opportunity.