Thermal Research Technician
Our Client, a Fortune 100 energy company who specializes in pioneering new research and pursuing new technologies to create more efficient forms of energy, is seeking a Research Technician to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to work at a household name, get industry best training, and work with state of the art equipment, systems and products.
• Tasks include wet chemistry methods, dry formulations, blending, operating autoclaves and pressurized units, processing hydrocarbons, scale-up/bench unit operations, using cylinder gases, operating a variety of laboratory equipment including sophisticated characterization equipment, fixed bed micro-units and membrane apparatus.
• Catalyst preparation tasks include extrusion, spray drying, calcination, crystallization, steaming, impregnations and ion exchanges.
• Organize laboratory areas, prepare and submit samples, record observations and data, provide input for modifications of processes and equipment
• Knowledge of the applications and uses of materials in petroleum refining/petrochemical processes, heterogeneous catalyst characterization, metal oxides, molecular sieves, materials properties and inorganic chemistry is desirable
• Bachelors or Associates degree in science with laboratory experience at the college level and strong computer skills
- 5-10 years of experience