- Location: Burlington, NC
- Type: Contract
- Job #37865
Exciting new opportunity within Burlington, NC for a Technologist Trainee. As a Technologist Trainee, you will be responsible to perform complex medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. A typical lab technologist trainee usually reports to a biochemist or microbiologist. You will have your Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, and 1-2 years of experience in medical technology.
Terms: 3 month contract
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10pm-6:30am
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- May analyze samples of biological material for chemical content or reaction.
- Monitor clinical trials for research organizations or internal research.
- Cultivate, isolate, and assist in identifying microbial organisms, and perform various tests on these microorganisms.
- May conduct clinical trials of pharmaceuticals.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for storage.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, and computer-controlled analyzers.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (international quality standard for human clinical trials) and local regulations.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Associate’s degree in medical technology or related field required. Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field preferred. 0-2 years experience required.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**