- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Type: Contract
- Job #37618
Responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing.
We are seeking someone who can work with minimal direction. Functions as a liaison between the laboratory and the laboratory clients. Operates general laboratory equipment. Effectively communicates via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone, and computer methods.
Location: Winston Salem, NC
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform laboratory testing (moderate and high complexity testing.)
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Ability to troubleshoot test systems and take appropriate action where indicated.
- Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification if indicated.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance programs and laboratory continuing education program.
- Communicates with laboratory staff and its clients to ensure quality patient care.
- Maintains and supports a service-oriented relationship with its customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological/Life Sciences with additional experience (or certification,) surrounding Medical Technology.
- Preferred: MLT certification from ASCP – Not required, but highly preferred.
- Required: 2+ year of laboratory training or experience or both in a laboratory performing high complexity testing.
- Preferred: 4+ years of laboratory training or experience or both in high complexity testing within specialty.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**