- Location: Austin
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #37419
Medical Device Assembly Technician: $1000 sign on bonus! $300 after 30 days, another $700 after 90 days
Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking an Assembly Technician to perform the following daily duties:
- Visually inspect components with the aid of a microscope fitted with reticle. Understand cosmetic and functional discrepancies, critical and non-critical areas to make pass/fail decisions.
- Perform in-process measurement using calipers, loading fixtures with digital readouts, electronic scale, or similar equipment.
- Perform and record various inspections e.g. visual and functional inspections, leak test, proof test, and peel tester.
- Work in clean room environment to clean, package and inspect product. Requires ability to move independently into or out of a clean room controlled environment area while maintaining overall cleanliness of the hands and wearing special clothing provided.
- Operate vacuum furnace, vent cover application, heat sealing, ultrasonic and press equipment per written procedures. This requires monitoring and documenting results.
2 years: Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Experience in inspection or assembly or similar intricate hand work
Experience working within FDA & ISO manufacturing practices
High School or better.
Basic computer skills, including MS Office, internet, and email
Ability to read and understand detailed manufacturing instructions and drawings
Ability to use a microscope
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Ability to lift or bend forward with a load of up to 25 lbs
Ability to tolerate exposure to environments with cooler temperatures, noise, dust, odors, etc.
Good or corrected eyesight and good eye/hand coordination