Spray Drying & Packaging Superintendent
- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37197
In this superintendent role you will be responsible for the efficient and reliable operation of the spray drying and & packaging lines. Will provide guidance to the supervisors, operators in the areas of equipment functionality and efficient operation to achieve maximum throughput and equipment uptime. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
To be successful:
- Serve as subject matter expert on the spray drying and packaging operations
- Develop and maintain written procedures and ensure adequate adherence.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and performance issues.
- Ensure KPIs are met
- Develop corrective and preventive actions for KPI performance deviations
- Update parameters as appropriate to improve product quality and throughput
- Drive continuous improvement of equipment turnaround, changeovers and CIPs
- Ensure maximum uptime for each machine
- Participate in establishing the annual Capital Expenditure (CapEx) needs with the Plant manager and Technical Operations
- Ensure personnel adhere to all Safety, Quality and cGMP policies and procedures
- In conjunction with Quality ensure master sanitation schedule adherence and effectiveness in the areas of drying and packaging.
- Perform daily Safety and GMP walkthroughs of drying and packaging areas
- Three to five years of experience in spray drying and packaging operations
- STEM Degree required with strong math, chemistry and microbiology knowledge.
- The ability to prioritize, organize and delegate to others while following through to ensure completion of assignments is required.
- Superior communication and “customer” service skills are required and detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills with proven decision-making ability.
- Must be familiar with industrial laboratory environment and be able to effectively assimilate large amounts of data.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP software and e-mail is required.
- Ability to use or create spreadsheets for scheduling, performance tracking/trending, building reports and for budgeting.
- Additional safety, food safety, or production management training is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and issues and effectively analyze issues develop corrective actions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Packaging: 3 years (Required)
- spray-drying packaging: 3 years (Required)