Senior Systems Administrator
- Location: College Station, TX
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #36050
Senior IT Systems Administrator
We are looking to add a talented Senior IT System Administrator to our dynamic, growing, and passionate IT department, based in College Station, TX. The Senior IT System Administrator will be an on-site role, responsible for leading the information technology business models and strategies following the ITIL V4 framework while providing guidance to the team in planning, and execution of IT-related projects for diverse applications, systems, and platforms. The successful candidate will have a deep and broad knowledge of IT regulations and data privacy policies, SaaS and cloud infrastructure, physical/virtual servers, and networking design for resilient and secure IT architecture in a GMP-regulated environment. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining high standards in day-to-day operations support, ensuring all incidents are properly and timely addressed. In addition will develop, communicate and enforce IT and network technology policies.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Associate Director of Applications, Systems and Automation
- Responsible for multiple systems administration including proper security patching, new system deployment, and organizational unit administration.
- Responsible for monitoring systems capacity, storage planning, database performance, and network bandwidth allocation.
- Designing, deploying, and maintaining our large-scale NAS storage environments, as well as data pipeline infrastructure.
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Generation of technical specifications to business and IT staff for planning and implementation of new or upgraded IT infrastructure.
- Perform and verify regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and fixing vulnerabilities.
- Implement and effectively develop IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Responsible to develop procedures and maintain required systems documentation compliant with regulations and company policies, to ensure the success of the business.
- Supervise and manage IT Helpdesk Support team in accordance with established SLA for timely ticket resolution time.
- Ability to lead Infrastructure team and provide monthly reports to Head of ETIS Department
- Responsible for asset tracking and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of IT equipment.
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk
- Manage Network Time Protocol (NTP) time-sync services, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP/FTPS) services, Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Configuration Host Protocol (DHCP).
- Assist EITS department head with assessing and maintaining local operating costs, productivity levels, infrastructure lifecycle management, application repository management, and other metrics by analyzing and monitoring system performance and overall IT/IS infrastructure performance indicators.
- Responsible for data integrity through common Cybersecurity practices, such as proper Identity and Access Management, ensuring Advanced Threat Protection is on all client/server devices and is up to date, vulnerability patching occurs per policy, focused user training, and continuously seeking improvement to current solutions and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required. Masters Degree is preferred
- Proven 10+ years of IT Operations, network and system administration experience required; preference is given to Microsoft 365 setup and security, Azure services, Identity Management (AD/AAD), and domain administration experience.
- System administration and IT/IS certifications in Microsoft and/or other network-related fields are required.
- Sound experience and knowledge in ITSM and implementation of ITSM tools.
- Strong experience deploying and managing ESX Host VMware infrastructure. Good troubleshooting skills in VMware vCenter & ESXi servers.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, vSphere, Hyper-V, or equivalent is required.
- Prior cloud infrastructure technology experience is a plus.
- Database Administration is a plus (Microsoft SQL and Oracle).
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problem resolution.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at a time.