We are seeking a Senior Scientist for our pharmaceutical client located in Gaithersburg, MD. The Senior Science will be responsible for tech transfer of upstream processes from process development into clinical and commercial manufacturing.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
Pay: $45-$50 per hour
Type: 12-month contract with possibility of extension or conversion
- Routinely transfer multiple projects as upstream tech transfer representative. This includes: Fit-to-plant, process risk analysis, timely generation of tech transfer documentation, batch record review/approval, technical collaboration with receiving organizations, campaign monitoring and support, performance analysis and interpretation, investigation support, campaign summary report authoring, and routine presentations to cross-functional teams and management
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner groups
- Proactively addresses risks/issues to avoid non-conformances and enable efficient transfers
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a matrix team setting to implement technical solutions
- Write technical reports and deliver presentations
- Contribute to the improvement of the tech transfer business processes through idea generation and implementation activities
Education & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- A focus in a process engineering field (e.g., chemical or biochemical engineering) is strongly preferred.
- The candidate must have relevant industry related experience (BS 5-8, MS 2-5).
- Cell culture tech transfer and/or development experience
- Hands on experience with bioreactors (bench, pilot or production scale)
- Fundamental understanding of upstream unit operations such as mixing, inoculum expansion, bioreactor, centrifugation, and filtration.
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing principles and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data and statistical analysis
- Experience with primary clarification via continuous centrifuge
- Identify and solve complex manufacturing or bioprocess technical problems with limited data in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to defend a technical position
- Experience in a cGMP-regulated environment and/or large-scale bioprocessing laboratory
- Fermentation or viral based production experience
- Skilled in conducting process transfer/process development/technology development projects