- Location: Kennesaw, GA
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #34814
Pay: $60k – $87k
Schedule – This position is flexible. The candidate has the option to work 4 – 10hr shift or 5 – 8hr shifts M-F. For the 4 day shift the candidate is not able to select a off day this will be selected by management.
Performs bacterial identifications associated with microbiological samples. Assists management in the following: completion of microbiological investigations, overseeing supportive functions within the Microbiology Laboratory, performing the daily review of laboratory records to ensure that results progress through the system accurately with minimal delay.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform and report bacterial identifications associated with microbiological samples in a proficient manner.
- Prepare test samples for VITEK MS and interpret test results.
- Complete serological test requests including ordering infectious disease testing, interfacing with Donor Quality Assurance, archiving serological specimens, and verifying serological specimens prior to shipment to reference laboratory.
- Perform quality assurance testing of incoming media, kits/reagents, and microbiological materials.
- Perform endotoxin testing when necessary.
- Support management in the timely and accurate review of records.
- Assist management in training staff on laboratory tasks and perform associated assessments.
- Assist management in conducting microbiological investigations.
- Act as a technical resource to technicians and Microbiologists in laboratory.
- Assist team leaders, supervisors, and management as needed in problem solving, autoclave verification, and culture stain confirmations.
- Provide support for additional assignments as delegated by department manager.
- Effectively complete “other” functions that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or a related scientific field.
- 3 years previous technical experience as a Microbiologist.
- Approved certification in Microbiology (National or State) required.
- Must have broad knowledge and understanding of microorganisms; be able to apply skills during identification process and train others.
- Must be a self-starter, alert for situations requiring action, confident of being able to think situations through, possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and reliable in following through and completing assignments.
- Must have broad knowledge and understanding of Microbiology related SOPs.
- Must have good communication skills (Written and Oral)