Scientist – I (Assistant) – PA/NJ Only
- Location: Kenilworth, NJ
- Type: Contract
- Job #35067
Qualifications: Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or related biological science discipline. The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least 1 year related laboratory experience
- Working experience in a regulated environment (GxP, preferably GLP)
- Experience with cell culture and cell based assays such as nAb assays, PBMC isolation, or ELISPOT assay.
- Experience with immunogenicity assays such as ELISA, Luminex, or MSD.
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timeline and problem-solving skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and professional integrity
ABOUT YOU: You have applicable, hands-on academic or industry experience within a lab assistant position, performing research thesis work, or similar. You have performed actual lab work involving mammalian cell culture (primary cells or cell lines) and/or work with microtiter plate assays, preferably ELISA/ligand binding-type.
Responsibilities: Bioanalytical Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and qualify cell-based or ligand-binding based bioanalytical assays to support high priority biological and vaccine programs.
- Analyze samples using multiple platforms such as ELISA, ELISPOT, Neutralization assays or flow cytometry
- Isolate PBMCs from donors.
- Assess analytical result data on acceptability using LIMS or other computer software
- Maintain documentation according to guidelines similar to GxP
- Work according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidance
- Maintain accurate records of ongoing projects in adherence with documentation standards
- Assist in generation and review of reports and contribute to trouble shooting efforts
- Collaborate and communicate within and across the work group
- Work in a structured environment under direct to moderate supervision
- Adhere to GLP regulations and safety requirements in BSL-2