Great opportunity with a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines.
Title: Scientist III
Location: Sylmar, CA
- Conceive, plan, design & conduct advanced independent research in compound, assay, process, product, or method development.
- Direction is provided by project goals & experimental design.
- Interact with other groups and share information; participate in team activities. May act as lead scientist, project leader, or project contributor.
- Provide technical direction and feedback to others.
- Directly supervise technical personnel.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Design, plan & execute project related tasks.
- Design experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes.
- Apply advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determine priorities for experiments.
- Independently design and execute experiments.
- Utilize DOE as appropriate. Assure experimental quality through sound, independent experimental design.
- Identify technical alternatives from literature review.
- 7 years of related experience
- Ph.D. in a life or physical science preferred with up to two years research or industrial experience or BS/MS degree with additional progressive research experience sufficient to demonstrate equivalency.