Our Client, a global, science-led biopharmaceutical business is seeking a Scientist to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to work at a household name, get ithe ndustry best training, and work with state-of-the-art equipment, systems and products.
- The Scientist is responsible for performing tissue staining including Immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofluorescence (IF), multiplexed IHC/IF, and in situ hybridization.
- You will support assay development, optimization and validation, utilizing immunohistochemical (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH) techniques.
- Perform histology procedures, slide imaging, assay interpretation and documentation
- Work closely with pathologists and team members to provide the highest quality assay performance in support of experimental research and clinical (GCP) projects. Major Duties and Responsibilities (including supervising others):
- Performs routine and non-routine histology including histology, grossing, processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining.
- Receives and accessions research samples, populates and maintains research biobank database
- Performs slide digitization and evaluates images and re-scans as needed for highest quality image production in adherence with established SOPs.
- Bachelors degree in the biological sciences Experience
- Preferred: * 1 year direct experience in a histology lab