Scientific Project Manager
Our pharmaceutical client is seeking a Project Manager to lead the development of the Integrated Value and Implementation Plan. The Project Manager will work closely with global cross-functional leads to execute all aspects of the V&I Plan. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a PMP or CAPM certification.
Location: Local to Upper Gwynedd, PA or Rahway, NJ
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
Pay: $40-$55 per hour
Type: 12-month contract to possible extension or conversion
- Bachelor’s degree required in a scientific, business, or related healthcare area.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (or closely related discipline, such as health administration or biological sciences) preferred.
- PMP or CAPM certification.
- Ability to lead and manage working teams without formal reporting structure
- Ability to collaborate across functional areas and geographic boundaries
- Five years of work experience in clinical/observational research within pharmaceutical industry, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with and influence a wide variety of stakeholders, with a capacity to work across cultures and hierarchical boundaries
- Strong project management and prioritization skills with demonstrated ability to deliver on operational objectives for complex projects, portfolio planning and project management
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and collaboratively, raising issues with recommendations for solutions.
- Basic knowledge of epidemiologic or outcomes research and statistics
- Knowledge of Health Technology Assessment environment
- Strong business acumen with ability to determine compliant path forward for new ideas and value-added solutions.
- The Lead PM in Value Medical Project Management will lead the development, planning, and execution of the integrated Value and Implementation Plan. This role works closely with global cross-functional leads in CORE, BARDs and GMSA (e.g., VT, EDMA/GDMA) to ensure the seamless development, coordination, and execution of all aspects of the V&I Plan. This includes aggregation and reporting of internal and external collected insights, tracking of evidence generating activities, planning and operations work for reimbursement/Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions/resubmissions and communication of data across different stakeholder groups to inform patient care.
- The Lead PM plays a critical role to collaborate with the VT and MT Teams to manage deliverables related to insights, evidence and communication as part of the V&I Plan. Value-Medical Lead Project Manager
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following 5 key areas:
- Planning and prioritization:
- Contribute strategic insights to drive operational excellence in the development and tactical execution of V&I Plans
- Align and prioritize plans through cross-functional collaboration with key global and regional stakeholders in BARDS/CORE/GMSA
- Lead the coordination and execution of launch planning activities e.g., country surveys and strategic workshops
- Coordinate the planning, tracking and delivery of key components of the reimbursement/HTA submission dossiers. Support the preparation for HTA consultations in collaboration with local affiliates and the cross functional team.
- Communications Management:
- Lead planning efforts related to internal global/regional team meetings including agendas, decisions, action items
- Manage document repositories and systems used for the exchange of information with affiliates and internal / external collaborators e.g., EngageZone
- Coordinate and facilitate interactions and communications with countries and ensure that key learnings are shared across markets and therapeutic areas; facilitate communication with alliance partners
- Manage the V&I integrated book of business reports (including Non-Interventional Studies, MISP, publications, etc.)
- Stakeholder Management:
- Collaborate with internal teams on the planning of deliverables related to scientific expert input and related activities; collaborate with alliance partners
- Lead the planning and preparation for key product development stage gate interactions with MRL and HH senior leadership
- Coordinate medically important activities requiring therapeutic area coordination, including Regional and Local Data Generation study planning cycle.
- Reporting and Tracking:
- Establish and track key performance indicators and value metrics for the global & regional plans and reimbursement/HTA submission Plans
- Provide financial stewardship, and milestone tracking of V&I Plan aligned global/regional activities and projects.
- Risk Management:
- Manage risk register for the VT, MT and Value and Implementation Teams
- Support internal and department processes and procedures, including global and local compliance, to ensure compliant execution of team’s activities and projects
- Collaborate extensively and troubleshoot issues by providing potential resolutions when necessary with internal and external partners to ensure timely management and dissemination of V&I deliverables and reimbursement/HTA dossier components