Sample Receiving Tech
Development opportunity to work for a global food safety and quality partner with multiple laboratories across the country and worldwide. Offers services to the food and nutrition industry in the way of testing, auditing, consulting, training, research and other various services. Work in state of the art laboratories at competitive compensation, across multiple shift and with generous overtime available.
Sample Receiving Technician
Shift: Tues-Sat 8:30am-5:30PM
- Responsible for sample entry, assignment of test codes, expedient release of sample to operations for analysis and laboratory shipping
- Receive and log in sample in preparation for analysis.
- Review sample and any attached documentation to assign an identification number and enter information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Contact client, when necessary, to obtain and clarify missing or unclear information to ensure that identification of client code, test code, and sample contents are accurate.
- Associates degree and 1+ year relevant work experience or equivalent work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree
- A basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry is helpful to effectively assign proper sample and test codes.
We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!