- Location: Thousand Oaks
- Type: Contract
- Job #38809
We are seeking a Research Technician in the Cell Line Development Team for our client in Thousand Oaks, CA. This individual will work collaboratively within the plasmid and cell line development group and to perform essential tasks and experiments using mammalian cell culture and molecular biology applications.
- Follow and perform established experimental methods to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Manage and maintain electronic and physical inventories and/or place orders for reagents and materials.
- Perform routine QC assays for plasmid sequence integrity and biosafety testing for cell banks.
- Perform routine adherent and suspension cell culture maintenance, growth, rAAV production and cryopreservation.
- Apply molecular and cellbased assays including but not limited to nucleic acid purification, molecular cloning, PCR, transfection, growth kinetics, gene expression, monoclonal isolation, expansion, and screening.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop experimental approaches and contribute to SOP updates.
- Bachelor of Science in life sciences discipline, molecular biology experience required.
- 0-2 years of experience required.
- Must have laboratory experience in undergraduate/internship/professional setting with hands-on molecular or cell culture experience.
- Cell line experience, preferably mammalian
- Must be able to conduct laboratory procedures independently after comprehensive training.
- Experience in molecular and cell bio techniques (cloning, DNA/RNA isolation. Western blot/ELISA, PCR/RTPCR, and immunofluorescent staining, cell based assays
- Experience with rAAV production in HEK293 mammalian cell culture and isolation
- Work with electronic notebooks
- NGS and cell based assays