Great opportunity with a fast growing and industry-leading gene therapy biotherapeutics company. In this role you will support the Nucleic Acid Extraction team.
We are looking for research technicians to join our technology-driven Nucleic Acid Extraction team. The goal of this position is to assist extraction team members with the processing of nucleic acids from various sources. Under the guidance of an extraction team member, you will perform various tasks such as preparing reagents, setting up equipment, and performing routine tasks within the group. A successful candidate will have a background in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or related fields, some hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, and a desire to grow and learn. Laboratory activities will constitute approximately 90% of the time.
Status: 6 month contract
- Execute on established protocols to obtain reproducible and reliable results with supervision.
- Record, analyze, and communicate experimental data.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook, where necessary.
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- A flexible schedule that will be amenable to work a flexible shift when needed to achieve business directed goals.
- BS in biology or related field
- 1+ years wet lab experience, preferably within the biotech industry.
- Ability to conduct advanced procedures precisely and consistently.
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results.
- Collaborative mindset, experience working as part of a larger group to achieve scientific goals.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and contribute to team-wide efforts.
- Demonstrated experience with molecular cloning, tissue extraction, NGS, qPCR, or ddPCR.
- Cell culture manipulation.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology: such as PCR, nucleic acid purification.
- Experience with tissue extraction.