Research Tech – Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory
- Location: Philadelphia metro area
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #36402
Research Tech II
New graduates with strong internship experience encouraged to apply.
Prestigious facility in the Philadelphia, Pa area looking to add a research technician to their team. Great opportunity to for new graduates who don’t have a lot of experience.
Company has a great mentorship and training program.
Work with state-of-the-art technology.
This is an entry-level Research Technician position for the new graduate who has previous laboratory experience. Full training will be provided.
Preferred applicant will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field (preference will be given to recent graduates).
- Strong technical skills; excellent computer skills. Understanding of the scientific principles behind flow cytometry-based methods is a plus.
- Attention to detail and multitasking abilities are critical.
- Very good interpersonal skills are required to interact with multiple professionals, including principal investigators, physician-scientists, post-doctoral fellows, graduate students, and technical staff.
- Ability to learn quickly and to prioritize multiple tasks. Must be reliable and have initiative. Willingness and ability to adjust in a fast-paced work environment with day-to-day shifting of responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a research laboratory is required. Previous flow cytometry and/or cell sorting experience will be considered but it is not absolutely required. Training will be provided.
- Availability to work on a flexible schedule and willingness to work on this position for at least 18 months will be favored.
- Operates and maintains analyzers and cell sorters.
- Performs cell sorting services for researchers and helps researchers with operating cytometers.
- Performs flow cytometry-based assays using exiting analyzers in the lab. Interprets flow cytometry data.
- Performs troubleshooting and daily maintenance of instruments existing in the lab, performs data archiving, assists with the general organization and housekeeping of the laboratory, supports other operations of the flow cytometry lab as required.