Research & Development Scientist
New Opportunity- Local to Charlotte with a rapidly growing chemical manufacturing company that formulates chemicals for the treatment of wood.
As a Research & Development Scientist, you will be responsible for independently undertakes or collaborates with others on the R & D team to plan, develop, and implement advanced laboratory, and/or field research studies related to wood chemistry/technology. This is a great opportunity for graduates with a Ph.d Chemist with a minimum 1 year of wood technology experience.
Relocation Assistance Available
Terms: Direct Hire
- Provides professional leadership in the design and development of broad research concepts, and in the establishment of new research methods, protocols, procedures, and techniques.
- Provides technical consultation and professional leadership to the business and others in the interpretation and summation of data, and in the development of reports, presentations, and manuscripts associated with research findings.
- Develops comprehensive data analyses and summary interpretations and provides leadership and coordination in the development and delivery of pioneering reports, presentations, and manuscripts associated with research findings.
- Provides day-to-day technical leadership and functional supervision to other professionals and/or paraprofessionals in the execution of study protocol.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices; may manage or oversee a complete research laboratory.
- Doctorate degree preferably with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to lead and guide technical and professional staff in the performance of research.
- Ability to utilize advanced analytical techniques and programs to develop scientific models.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to unique, unprecedented operational research problems.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate empirical data and develop comprehensive interpretations and conclusions.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs including Microsoft Office
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**