- Location: Fulton, MO
- Type: Contract
- Job #38081
Description: Under the supervision of a Scientist IV perform both standard and experimental laboratory assignments as required, for collecting, analyzing, and reporting of study data, all in accordance with all regulatory procedures. Provides laboratory and other support for pharmaceutical and biological development efforts.
This is a yearlong Contract Opportunity starting between $30.35 – $32.60 an hour.
- With guidance, performs study procedures as assigned, including assistance in inoculation of trial animals with infective organisms (parasites, bacterial inoculum) and/or with implementation of animal models in either the target or surrogate animal species. Supports in vitro and/or ex vivo study procedures as required.
- Assists with development and/or adaptation of analytical, microbiological or cell culture techniques and equipment, if appropriate for protocol requirements.
- Performs sampling, counting, and identification of parasites.
- Responsible for assembling, compiling and recording all laboratory data electronically or manually in an organized manner and with a level of quality to meet regulatory requirements. Extensively utilizes Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- With guidance performs analytical and clinical pathology testing for studies.
- Assists in performing necropsies.
- Provides recommendations regarding analytical, microbiological, or cell culture process based on analysis of data gathered during studies or process/method development.
- Provides on-the-job training to new team members.
- Orders and maintains laboratory supplies in sufficient quantities.
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the laboratory.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner in accordance with guidelines and policy.
- A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in a subject relevant to the laboratory’s work.
- Two years training and experience in related laboratory techniques, a plus.
- Functions well in a team environment and is able to work effectively under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug screening for this opportunity.