- Location: Norcross, GA
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35810
Want to work for a leading bio-industrial manufacturing working with biologically produced enzymes from renewable resources?
We are hiring for an R&D Technician that has an Associates Degree with experience in Pipetting, Balances, Weights, Volumes, and a basic understanding of laboratory equipment. This role is perfect for those who are looking to enter into the laboratory with fresh eyes, and determination to make a difference in renewable resources! Are you eager to move into a career with upward mobility and development?
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for supporting the R&D Chemists, performing basic & routine maintenance, and housekeeping, as well as conducting tests on products and entering data.
- Ability to work in an industrial / laboratory environment which requires use of safety equipment as dictated by work area (i.e. safety glasses and safety shoes, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, gloves, etc.); work where the typical noise level fluctuates from low to moderate; occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles; and occasionally exposed to vibration, toxic, acid, or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
- Must possess the ability to perform the physical duties of this job: regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear; see at close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 55 pounds; and occasionally climb stairs
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to accomplish job tasks in an organized and efficient manner and within deadlines set by supervisor
- Ability to ensure regular attendance, which includes working set hours determined by the supervisor
- HS diploma or Associates with some industry experience
- Laboratory/Chemistry experience
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Data Entry
- Basic Math
- Must pass pre-employment drug and background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening and communication skills
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: $16-$20/hr. (depending on education & experience)
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**