- Location: Pasadena
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #32823
Growing Pharma CMO in Pasadena, CA is seeking a R&D Scientist to join their team! This is a direct hire opportunity. Open to candidates who are willing to relocate to Pasadena.
- Assist in evaluating the feasibility of synthesizing compounds.
- Develop and validate synthetic lab and pilot plant processes to produce a variety of organic and organometallic compounds.
- Conduct relevant literature searches.
- Develop lab scale procedures for the syntheses of organic compounds.
- Optimize the procedure to improve yields in the syntheses of organic compounds.
- Scale up the lab process to produce pilot plant and production quantities of the compounds in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Write Development Reports on synthesis and scale up projects per cGMPs.
- Maintain complete laboratory records in accordance with accepted laboratory practices, SOPs, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop analytical methodologies
- Monitor yield and efficiencies of processes after commercial startup at the plant.
- Help establish necessary practices to ensure GLP/cGMP compliance.
- Take on Project Leader responsibilities and manage the work load vs. project timelines to complete projects on time, within budget and achieving the desired quality.
- Assist with the preparation / review of controlled and regulatory documents.
- Work with contract organizations as necessary.
- Adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s).
- Verbal interaction with clients to discuss scientific results.
Education / Experience / Personal Requirements:
- M.Sc. in Chemistry (or equivalent) with 15+ years of work experience in the synthesis and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (or equivalent) with 5+ years of work experience in the synthesis and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Hands on experience with a variety of analytical equipment such as HPLCs, GCs, and usual organic spectroscopic instrumentation.
- Displays excellent working knowledge of cGMP/GLP principles and able to apply the principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate in a decentralized environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstration of previous managerial experience and/or team leading experience is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and coordinate activities with cross-functional departments.