R&D Formulating Chemist II
- Location: Los Angeles
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #34496
Our personal care manufacturer partner is seeking a passionate R&D Formulating Chemist to support medical grade skin care development in Chatsworth, CA. This opportunity will allow you to join a very stable company with long term career development!
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write formula based and make daily batches based on assigned projects by R&D Manager
- Ability to troubleshoot problems if it arises. Investigate out-of-specifications (OOS).
- Adjust batches and validate specifications as necessary.
- Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches.
- Knowledge of ingredient deck listing and issuing IL with each submission.
- Knowledge of rules and regulation (FDA, CTFA, PCPC) for global formulation.
- Accurately enter formulas into Lab Notebooks and ERP.
- Prepare product dossier and product specification once project is approved
- Attend cosmetic seminars and meetings.
- Maintain housekeeping in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) standards.
- Flexible and willing to perform other duties as needed (fill lab batches into components, prepare evaluation sheets and labels).
- Oversee/supervise pilot and first three (if needed) production batches throughout the manufacturing process.
- Calibrate R&D Lab Equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties and assignments as instructed by R&D Management.
- Assist other Lab Personnel as needed.
- Assist R&D Management with company audits or in preparation of audits.
PHYSICAL / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry, or related science field.
- At least 8+ years experience as an R&D Chemist in the personal care industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer Skills.