R&D Engineer_Human Factors
Human Factors Engineer
Location: St. Paul, MN
Hours: 1st shift
Pay: 85-90/ hour
Duration of Contract: 12+ months
Global healthcare leader whose portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare. Products range from diagnostic and generic medications to medical devices and beyond.
• Responsible for coordinating all activities necessary to complete Human Factors engineering projects. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting ethnographic user research to identify user needs.
- Translating user needs to requirements and product design concepts.
- Developing prototypes to explore and validate product design concepts.
- Performing workflow, tasks, and use error analyses.
- Conducting Formative Usability testing.
- Conducting Summative Validation testing
• Participate in development program teams to ensure human factors principles are considered and implemented.
• Create and communicate project deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines.
- M.S. degree in Human Factors Engineering, Design, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Human Factors/Usability engineering experience in a product development environment.
- Proven ability to apply knowledge of Human Factors principles and techniques to the design, development, and evaluation of hardware and/or software products.
- Experience leading Human Factors activities across the product lifecycle, including ethnographic research, user needs identification, workflow and task analysis, requirements development, user interface design, user error analysis, usability, and validation testing.