R&D Engineer Sr.
- Location: Little Canada, Minnesota
- Type: VMS
- Job #38644
Senior R&D Engineer – St Paul, MN
$50/hour – Mon – Fri 9a-5p – 7-Month Contract Assignment
Responsible for providing technical support in the creation and the development of new medical device products (invasive and non-invasive).
- Identifies and initiates programs which result in innovative application of existing or new products or technologies.
- Conduct experiments and/or develop strategies for consideration that extend beyond known scientific and engineering precedents.
- In order to enhance professional knowledge, the Advisor will review technical documents/publications, attend professional meetings, and interface with suppliers/vendors.
- As the organization’s technical expert, the advisor will provide advice, assistance and direction to project teams and management, when required to assist with problem recognition, review, and resolution.
- Serves as an advisor on technical acquisitions and new technology development teams.;
- Mentors other employees when appropriate
- Provides periodic communication updates to management on future business direction and problem resolution.
- Publishes scientific papers in professional journals contributing to the advancement of science.
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment.
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
- May have direct reports who assist in collecting data to support innovative
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of a specific functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.