- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #36053
This rapidly growing laboratory is seeking an experienced laboratory professional to join their expanding team. This is a great opportunity to work at a cutting-edge facility with state-of-the-art equipment and systems. The successful candidate will have industry experience with chemistry or microbiology testing. This role is perfect for those who crave upward mobility and career development as this department is experiencing quick growth!
- Conducts routine and non-routine chemistry and microbiological analysis of raw materials, in-process formulations and final products to established specifications.
- Utilized and operated laboratory equipment and instruments according to laboratory work instruction or laboratory procedures such as pH, conductivity, UV, KF, FTIR and titrations.
- Ability to understand and follow Quality Control test methods or compendia methods (USP, EP, BP, JP or ACS) and EXCIPACT standard.
- Calculates and generates data for compliance with specifications and reports results.
- Performs technical review of lab data forms such as water, environmental monitoring and direct measure analysis.
- Calibrates and maintains lab equipment.
- Enters results and raw data for tested materials or products in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) as needed.
- May perform investigative analysis to support investigations, complaints or instrument troubleshooting.
- Performs Environmental Monitoring duties, which requires gowning into cleanroom and collection of air and surface samples while in the cleanrooms.
- Reviews discrepancies in data, manufacture COA, COC, and performs data verification in accordance with company procedures.
- Applies appropriate disposition labels to materials (accepted, rejected, etc).
- Handles hazardous materials using all appropriate or mandatory safety PPE and safety equipment.
- Completes documentation in a legible manner and reviews for accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, or Chemistry
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience in related field
- Wet chemistry experience preferred (ex. Acid/Base Titrations, water content)
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Must have applied working knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision, have demonstrated ability to follow through on multiple projects, and be goal oriented with a strong desire for achievement
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills