QC Lab Technician
- Location: Rockwall
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35267
Quality Control Technician:
21-23 per hour 6 month contract to hire
The technician will be responsible for inspecting, monitoring, and measuring materials, products, and processes. This technician will need to be flexible to work night or day shifts, as needed.
- Inspect, monitor, and measure materials, products, and processes including: incoming raw materials and purchased goods, manufacturing, finished goods, stored items, pre-shipment inspections, and their processes.
- Sign off on or keep inspection records with emphasis placed on problematic, complex, or new products
- Verify batch tickets and procedures to confirm they are being followed
- Make recommendations for changes as necessary, such as: correct temperatures, pressures, sampling procedure, and taking samples at indicated points on the batch ticket, gluing, assembly, label placement, parts, hoses, etc.
- Ensure nonconforming products are quarantined and tagged
- Assist in locating and inspection of rework and UIB
- Inspect finished goods prior to shipment for correct labels, container damage, parts, and confirmation correct number of units are being shipped
- Be a resource for compounders and fillers on process and production questions, including but not limited to: checking mixer cleanliness, type of containers, labels, and any other questions
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Essential Skills, Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field preferred.
- Spill Control Experience Preferred (or completion of company sponsored spill control training within 90 days of employment).
- Minimum of 3 years working in a QC manufacturing lab.