Our client is a global, research-driven pharmaceutical focusing on treatment options for diseases and conditions for which there is no satisfactory treatment option to date. The company is looking for a Veterinary Technical Solutions Specialist to join the team. This is an amazing opportunity to work on cutting edge treatments and make a difference!
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: M-F (9am-6pm)
Type: 12-month assignment (with the option to renew)
- Associate degree or higher (Life Sciences/Veterinary Technician)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a veterinary clinic
Addresses and responds to all product inquiries, complaints, and suspected adverse events in a timely and appropriate manner and in compliance with US regulations (FDA, USDA, EPA), relevant GMPs, BIVI policies and procedures for the capture, maintenance and reporting of adverse events and product quality complaints.
- Receive all product inquiries, complaints, and suspected adverse events that may arise by usage of or experience with BIVI products. Communication may be received from (but is not limited to) veterinarians, veterinary technicians and other veterinary support staff, consumers (pet owners), BIVI sales personnel, distributor sales representatives, or other BIVI personnel. The major form of communication is via telephone but may include email and hand delivered mail.
- Provide information and support as requested in the following areas: proper product use, extra-label use, literature requests, adverse events, and unexpected response to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy, and product or packaging defects.
- Maintain a high level of technical and clinical expertise related to BIVI products. Constantly upgrade technical expertise by reading journals and attending scientific seminars.
- Document all communications within the BIVI Validated Database (PVWorks) in accordance with BIVI SOPs and all compliance/GMP requirements and assess and implement appropriate responses and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication and adherence to all BIVI SOPs, including escalating calls to Technical Services Veterinarians as needed.
- Constantly upgrade technical expertise by reading journals and attending scientific
- Support external and internal sales representatives as needed by providing technical support, answering client inquiries, and attending and working at veterinary conferences.
- Research pertinent topics and prepare reports as requested by the Manager. Participate in call analysis and report trends or issues involving product usage. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures.
- When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management.
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts to maintain BIVI’s excellent reputation within the animal health community and internally.
- Must be able to understand and apply relevant GMPs and understand pharmacovigilance and complaint handling Compliance requirements.