The Manager , Supplier Quality will engage in all aspects of the Supply Quality Management Program. This individual will develop and support the organization leading Supply Quality culture with internal and external partners designed to drive performance that consistently delivers on our Food Safety, Quality, Consumer, and Business expectations. The Supply Quality Manager partners with Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain, R&D, Culinary, Operations, Suppliers, Brokers, and 3rd parties to actively manage the quality of supply base providers activities. The manager will have specific accountabilities to Supplier Audit management, Specifications, Supplier Risk assessments, Supplier Performance Metrics, and Regulatory compliance for the entire supply base. This position will report to the VP of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
• Support the development and execution of the Supply Chain Quality strategy.
• Take a lead role in items involving Quality policies, procedures, and requirements for the Supply Base.
• Have expertise in Food Safety and Quality management for specific materials and processes covering a wide range of Ingredient and Packaging materials categories.
• Regulatory Compliance
• Provides guidance around regulatory requirements for new and existing ingredients.
• Specifications/Incoming Materials Management
• Manages the Key Performance Indicator Metrics for Supply Chain Quality
• Manages the Performance/Supplier Relationship management.
• Oversee Foreign Supplier Verification Requirements and decisions for ingredients imported into the US
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required in Food Science, Quality, Biology, Microbiology, or related technical discipline.
· Minimum of 7+ years of related experience with Quality and Food Safety within a manufacturing environment
· Certifications in ASQ auditing (CQA), HACCP, GFSI Practitioner, Food Safety and Quality Systems, Supplier management are strongly desired.
· FDA Foreign Supplier Verification experience strongly desired
· Ability to interpret, effectively communicate, and execute Quality strategies and programs with functional partners and supply base providers to drive continuous improvement.
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail to process information, problem solving, and determining appropriate corrective actions.
· Ability to understand, interpret, and action against Food safety risk and Quality opportunities for improvement in the Supply base management.
· Demonstrated lead auditor skill set that includes audit planning, training auditors, and performing audits.
· In depth understanding of food industry regulation with specific focus on those regulations that impact supplier food safety management.
· Knowledge of labeling regulations, the Code of Federal Regulations desired.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities through effective personal time management and team delegation.
· Strong influencing and interpersonal skills that foster team building and relationship development. Collaborative team player. Cultivates internal and external partnerships to leverage best practices and technologies.
· Strong computer literacy is required with proficiency in Microsoft Office software products. Experience with designing and implementing data systems and specific knowledge of ERP, Tracegains desired.
· Solid data analytic skills and data driven decision-making approach. Ability to effectively collect, analyze and report trends or issues requiring action in supplier performance management.