We are seeking a Supplier Component Development Engineer to join a global medical device and diagnostics company in Menlo Park, CA. They create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities.
Pay: $30-$45/hr, depending on experience
- Responsible for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material specification development, material procurement and evaluation, material qualifications including supplier OQ/PQ validations, test method development (e.g., on MicroVu, CMM, tensile/torque testers, hand tools) and various data analysis.
- Contributes to the development, establishment and maintenance of supplier engineering methodologies, systems and practices which meet regulatory requirements, and deliverables require constant collaboration between different internal functional groups and well as different suppliers and their internal personnel.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific field with 4-8 years of experience. Master’s degree with 0-2 years of experience.
- Supplier development experience.
- Experience in biotechnology, medical device, or pharmaceutical industry.