Our client, a global nonprofit organization on the forefront of saving and healing lives through innovations in tissue and organ donation, transplantation, and research is seeking a Sterilization Technician to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable organization, get industry best training, and work with state-of-the-art equipment and systems.
Location: Edison, NJ
Shift: Monday-Friday 2nd shift
Pay: $19-$21 per hour
Type: 6-month contract
- Responsible for the handling, performance of visual and functional inspection of all tooling, decontamination, sterilization, and documentation for the medical device kits for field surgeries.
- Decontaminates and sterilizes all Processing and supporting departments for tooling, supplies and equipment, instrumentation utilized for production areas.
- Unload autoclave, transfer autoclaved items to designated location and restock utilizing FIFO technique.
- Coordinate the removal of finished tooling, equipment, materials that were used for the process application from the processing rooms to the exit room for decontamination.
- Aseptic transfer of donors into processing production area
- Aseptic fill of cleaning canisters for core room disinfection
- Coordinate the supply, material flow utilized in each processing room to support the technician and process activities to enhance lean activities.
- Sanitize all areas and equipment utilized in all Processing and supporting department's production by chemical disinfection standards.
- Package processes all applicable materials for all of Processing and supporting departments
- Aseptic transfer of supplies used in all Processing and supporting departments Load/unload ATP Fluid Handling process equipment.
- Maintains the stocking of the Prep Room and distribution of supplies in FIFO to support all Processing and supporting departments.
- Inventory management of the supply flow utilization to minimize waste for core production activities.
- Supports all supplies and equipment utilized in all
- Processing and supporting departments
- Maintain effective core inventory, par levels, reorder points and flow of materials in an organized manner using FIFO technique.
- Documentation of daily production activities associated with sterilization functions
- Assists in maintaining bio-waste room and removal of trash and bio-waste from all of Processing and supporting departments
- Transport of instrumentation from prep room area to Procurement Suite satellite area
- Responsible for the handling, performance of visual and functional inspection of all tooling, decontamination, sterilization, and documentation for the medical device kits for field surgeries (ACT).
- Maintain supply and housekeeping protocols for all locker room sterile/nonsterile supplies/garments
- Assist on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned
- 1 year Tissue Banking, Central Sterile Supply, Central Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician
- 1 year Production experience in a sterile environment in the pharmaceutical or medical fields
- 1 year in a Position requiring use of hand tools or procedures involving hand eye coordination
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office