Exciting 1 year contract development opportunity to work for a global leader dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. The largest device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care – is hiring a Quality Control Analyst to join their team!
Associate Scientist/Animal Technician
- Conducts daily husbandry on multiple species of in-vivo research models according to established protocols and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Tasks include daily feeding, cleaning of holding room floors, cage change outs, and other activities.
- May assist with in-vivo health procedures and support in-house health program.
- Performs and documents procedures and techniques on in-vivo models used for studies in toxicity, research, and other areas of biotechnology, medical device, or drug research and development.
- Maintains program and facility standards to ensure compliance of research facilities, husbandry practices, and in vivo testing procedures to all applicable regulations.
Continually improves the welfare of the test subjects.
• Minimum High School Diploma
• 1+ years of laboratory animal experience
• AALAS certification preferred (ALAT, LAT, LATG) but not required
• Requires the ability to frequently lift and lower up to 40 lbs.
• Weekend & holiday work as needed, compensated with days off during work week
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!