***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.***
Our Client is helping people see the world better through advanced surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products, and is excited to be hiring a Clinical Project Lead for a 1 year contract with the potential for extension.
As a Research Scientist, you will be is responsible for research and development of new contact lens materials, packaging salines, and contact lens care products.
Terms: Contract (6 Months) with the potential for the contract to extend.
- Performs polymer formulation, characterization and process in a research laboratory environment.
- Demonstrates understanding in both, materials technology and lens production process, to insure compatibility between material and process. Identifies and optimizes novel materials for their use in lens, saline, and lens care product formulations.
- Demonstrates understanding of structure and property relationship in polymers, specifically the relationship between molecular architecture and morphology and bulk properties. Identifies and executes appropriate testing methodologies to evaluate potential new contact lenses, lens sur-faces, package saline and lens care products
- Documents experimental results details on all planned and completed experiments including raw materials, experimental plans and procedures, results, data analyses and conclusions in appropriate formats (laboratory notebook, memo and/or report) and communicate effectively to project teams. Files all new material concepts through invention disclosures and support patent filings as required to protect intellectual property.
- Handles, uses, stores and disposes all lab used chemicals as outlined in MSDS, SOP and other company prescribed, state and federal guidelines. Also, complies with all company established Health, Safety and Environment operational requirements. Uses relevant statistical techniques and methods to plan and execute experiments and to analyze experimental data.
- Actively monitors patent and scientific literature for significant technical developments relevant to CL and CLC products.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a scientific discipline with adequate experience (MS with 0-2 yrs; BS with 0-4 yrs).
- Languages: Fluency in English required.
- Background in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical engineering, process engineering
- Formulation and process experience with hydrogel and contact lens care are desired
- Must be able to write reports and communicate well to internal customers.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**