Our world leader in the research and treatment of cancer, diabetes, and other serious diseases client who deliver scientific miracles that make lives whole again is in search of Research Facilities Coordinators.
The successful candidate must be able to operate independently, working closely with Research Facilities and Emergency Planning Manager (RFEPM) to do Facilities Coordination for all Research Buildings.
Pay rate: $32-38/hr
Hours: Mon – Fri 8am -5pm (on call will be asked 1 week out of each month)
Location: Duarte, CA
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for small renovation projects including obtaining quotes, processing contracts and PO’s, overseeing the subcontractors, and coordinating the final occupation of the remodeled space.
- This position is the primary dispatcher for all centralized alarmed temperature storage devices and responds to equipment alarms in the research facilities. Operate under the guidance of the RFEPM in the BRI-wide initiatives.
- Primarily responsible for the pace inventory, including checking the accuracy of floor plans, reviewing and revising to reflect current data needs by management, defining space classifications and assigning room categories, monitoring and updating departmental space assignments allocated to individual PI’s and Core labs, and tracking individual employee locations.
- Maintain a shared equipment data base and understanding the needs of the research enterprise in order to facilitate the maintenance contracts, instrument upkeep and lifecycle replacement.
- Evaluate current technologies that pertain to shared equipment, obtaining quotes, requesting CEA’s and contract reviews for PO submissions as needed to maintain the common equipment inventory.
- Respond to the equipment alarm systems for the campus and off-site buildings.
- Coordinates with research facilities specialist (RFS) to produce engineering requests as they identify issues needing attention in the buildings with utilities, HVAC, or other engineering supported equipment in all research buildings.
- Coordinates with RFS to produce BIS repair requests for all research shared equipment and for investigators who request repair service with their own equipment. Direct responsibility for ensuring that all research engineering requests and BIS requests are completed in a satisfactory manner. Supervise the Specialist in the management of smaller projects/lab renovations.
Assist in the cost and model verification of shared equipment acquisition requests as well as individual investigator requests. Coordinate with Research Facilities Specialist to administer and distribute spares for -80s, -20s, refrigerators, and Cryo Tanks as required to protect laboratory samples for all Principal Investigators and cores facilities throughout BRI. Responds to equipment alarms and unit failures for all temperature storage as listed above(over 1600 units total).
Direct responsibility for assisting Principal Investigators and on lab relocations including but not limited to equipment/supplies, personnel placement, and required IT coordination. Determines requirements for movers and oversees the moves. Submits all required property control forms.
Maintains a list which provides the identification and distribution of capital equipment in temporary storage within Research Buildings and Warehouse C.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
High School degree or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
6 or more years of experience in a research environment.
Display tact/courtesy in dealing with Vendors employees under a variety of situations.
Thorough knowledge of Research laboratory functions and requirements.
Thorough experience with Laboratory organization.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook