We are looking for a QC Technician to work for a world leader in Chemical Engineering! The QC Technician is expected to perform quality work in a timely manner, ensuring that the laboratory meets specified requirements, and to keep laboratory testing up to date. They are responsible for the testing of raw materials, customer samples and finished product issues, collecting test results for analysis by the Quality Engineer, and managing data entry of supplier’s certificate of analysis.
- Analyze samples of manufactured products, following approved laboratory testing procedures.
- Maintain computerized database and analysis results.
- Identify problems, issues, and concerns. Notify appropriate personnel and provide suggestions and countermeasures to the Quality Lab Manager.
- Create product labels and distribute as required once in-process quality testing is complete.
- Ensure testing equipment is functioning and calibrated.
- Assist the Quality Lab Manager in managing and maintaining Quality Laboratory Safety and Environmental activities.
- Other duties as required to operate a successful, organized Quality Laboratory and Production operation.
- Prepare and/or test Samples of finished products and raw materials following approved WI or project lead instructions. Maintains certificate of analysis data entry.
- Ensure equipment and/or instruments are clean and in good working order before and after use. Recognize instrumentation that requires calibration and is in calibration prior to use.
- Clearly documents test results for the project lead to review
- Identify problems, issues, and concerns and effectively communicates in a timely manner to project lead
- Support validation of APQP/Development Projects pertaining to new materials, test methodologies and/or instrumentation
- Participates Continuous Improvement projects as assigned
- Maintains a clean work environment and demonstrates good chemical hygiene to avoid cross-contamination, disposal, and safety issues
- Follows all SEA procedures, safety, handbook, etc.)
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- A background in Quality Control with an interest in Chemistry.
- Attention to detail, good language, math, and reasoning skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft software products.
- Must demonstrate good technical aptitude, and ability to learn operation of complicated laboratory equipment.
- Safety Responsibilities: Must comply with all Federal, State, and Local, safety and environmental regulations, along with the Company’s quality, safety, and environmental policies.
- 2nd shift –2:30 – 11p – M-F – Needs to be ok with weekends (1 or 2 weekend days a month)
- Contract Length: Three months, possibility of extension as positions become available