A longstanding premier Food manufacturing company is seeking a Quality Assurance Team Leader to join their growing team. This is an amazing opportunity to collaborate with a team that is developing groundbreaking products to support healthier living. This is a perfect opportunity for a QA professional with a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of supervisory experience in the food manufacturing industry.
As a Quality Assurance Team Lead, you will be responsible for developing and coaching the staff of QA Technicians and overseeing the Plant’s Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance programs. The Quality Assurance lead will ensure compliance with company and government procedures. Inspect, audit, and validate all phases of quality performance (quality at the source, raw materials, production, packaging, and distribution).
Schedule: 2pm-11:30pm (with rotational Saturdays, 1x/Month)
Terms: Direct Hire
- Maintain and grow our Safety Culture assuring Food Safety and a safe work environment in alignment with our 5 Principles.
- Comply with Food Safety Practices, maintain SQF certification through compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Quality Procedures, SQF requirements and good housekeeping. Plants should always be prepared for inspections or tours.
- Support the plant’s SQF certification program.
- Recognizing QA policies, procedures, and directives for development and compliance whilst providing feedback and follow up to ensure proper corrective action is achieved.
- Coaching and development of all QA Technicians so they can monitor and validate plant quality process and procedures.
- Focus on continual growth of our Quality at the Source program, ensuring that the program is effective, and the Processing and Packaging Team Members are performing their own quality checks.
- Communicate information amongst departments by identifying and troubleshooting problems in the production process.
- Prepare necessary reports and provide regular feedback to keep management informed of business details.
- Perform various duties under the direction of the Quality Assurance Department Manager.
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality, and facility cleanliness.
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Follow all SQF, Food Defense and GMP policies.
- Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant.
- Assign and mentor team members to perform pre-start up inspections to ensure no product contamination risk exists and the area is in sanitary condition.
- Bachelor’s degree in science discipline (or equivalent of education/work experience)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing industry
- MUST have food production/quality experience.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**