The analyst position is key in maintaining the quality of incoming ingredients, in line product, and finished product. This person shall report any non-conformance of finished product to the QA Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
Collect samples of ingredients, products or packages and monitor test according to established procedures; monitor processes to ensure they are operating consistently; document neatly and precisely all results; Label and maintain samples of ingredients and samples for retains and shelf life monitoring; organize collected data for management review; maintain lab equipment in a clean and orderly fashion; communicate non-compliant results immediately to management; monitor plant for compliance to GMP’s; recommend methods to improve and process to reduce waste, improve productivity, improve quality and/or consistency; accurately weigh colors, flavors and other small ingredients; test R&D samples for Food Safety & specification development.
- Analyze the pH, viscosity, water activity, brix, density, taste, color, texture and appearance of ingredients, in-process, and finished products
- Perform titrations to obtain salt, lactic and acetic acid concentrations
- Prepare flavors and dyes for ingredients
- Inspect production lines and validate integrity of all testing components
- Assist in projects involving shelf life studies and auditing retains
- Current students pursuing a BS in Chemistry, Biology or Food Science or recent graduate in specified fields preferred.
- Basic math and science skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Make and record observations and efficiently organize work tasks and time
- Written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work and contribute in a team environment
- Dependable and able to work part-time hours without scheduling conflicts