***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.***
If you are seeking a opportunity in a research and development lab that will offer the opportunity to grow this is the position for you! A chemical manufacturer is seeking a QC Lab Technician to join their team. This is a great opportunity to work with a team that takes pride in their company culture and work.
Pay Rate: $21-23/hr. depending on education and experience.
The schedule as it is rotating and not M-F; however, work an average of 14 days month. The schedule rotates between days and nights.
The Quality Control Laboratory Technician is part of the chemical manufacturing team and has responsibility for supporting activities in the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Testing of raw materials, in process samples, and finished products per in-house procedures
- Calibration, maintenance and operation of lab instrumentation, including: balance, pH meter, GC, GC/MS, ICP, LC, UV-VIS and FT-IR spectrophotometers, and KF titrator
- Standard and sample solution preparation
- Documentation of laboratory work using laboratory worksheets/notebooks
- Filing, data entry, and ordering
- Performing routine laboratory maintenance tasks including organization and cleaning of work areas, checking for expired reagents and standards, disposal of product samples, chemicals and hazardous waste
- High school diploma is required; BS in chemistry or related science is preferred
- Minimum one year of industrial chemical laboratory experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills (preferably SAP and Excel)
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**