Title: QA Technician
Location: Pomona, CA
The Quality Control Technician supports production processes; maintains a presence on the floor and is accessible to production staff when questions arise.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES PERFORMED:
1. Performs quality checks of raw, work in process, and finish product through inspection and visual checks of packaging.
2. Performs pre-op inspections and swabs as necessary.
3. Performs daily GMP audits in production and the warehouse.
4. Performs Allergen inspections during pre-op and work in progress.
5. Collects and logs production/processing samples.
6. Ensures all non-conforming products are placed on hold and fully documented.
7. Investigates complaints and inspects product as directed.
8. Processes daily retain samples.
9. Processes and documents daily destoner samples.
10. Processes and documents daily inspection reports.
11. Maintains Retain Samples (receiving, roaster, & finished product).
12. Processes all mis-picks and damaged bulk from warehouse.
13. Inspects end-of-life retain samples
14. Ensures compliance with all Company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
15. Compliance to GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense and Food Quality regulations as required by the company, customers and/or government legislations, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found
16. Compliance to all employee job safety requirements and regulations as required by company policies, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in science related field or equivalent relevant experience and education; 1 year
experience working in a food manufacturing environment; knowledgeable and experienced in general
food safety programs and policies – includes government regulations, FDA, USDA, AIB, HACCP,
GMP, and Allergen Programs; Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, and holidays; Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required.
Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Preferred: Minimum qualifications plus; Bilingual Spanish; Understanding of metal detection regulations;
experience in micro and sanitation, lab food testing, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), and Kosher.
General Information: In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must be able to compose/write
descriptive reports; effectively communicate with other employees; successfully complete mandated
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of methods needed to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions
or directives fluently in English.