If you are seeking an opportunity to learn about specialty chemicals this is the position for you! A chemical manufacturer is seeking a Packaging Tech to join their team. This is a great opportunity to work with a team that takes pride in their company culture and work.
As a Packaging Tech, you will be the central resource in operation of filling lines within quality standards! This is a great opportunity for a skilled packaging technician looking for new challenges in a regulated industry!
- Pay: $19-23/hr.
- Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Terms: Direct Hire
- Set up, operate, and shut down of filling lines so that operational efficiency is maintained within quality standards.
- Responsible for the filling, labelling, packing and palletizing of liquid and solid products.
- Monitors process through manual controls.
- Conducts all tasks with care in order to maintain a high level of quality.
- Manually updates inventory using inventory software.
- Participates in quality checks as required.
- Ensure that housekeeping is always customer-ready in work areas.
- Troubleshoot operations as needed and suggest needs for maintenance work orders to supervision where appropriate.
- Work as a team with other employees and be accountable for personal actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Perform essential functions of the job including but not limited to lifting up to 57 lbs., operating forklifts, working on elevated platforms and standing for extended periods of time in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Employees must be able to wear personnel protective equipment while performing essential functions of the job.
- Understanding chemical processes is a plus.
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**