If you are seeking an opportunity to learn about specialty chemicals this is the position for you! A chemical manufacturer is seeking a Chemical Compounding to join their team. This is a great opportunity to work with a team that takes pride in their company culture and work.
As a Chemical Compounder, you will be the central resource in obtaining the required raw material for a batch. Then properly weigh and add the materials to the batch according to the work instructions. Record additions to the work order and providing a sample of the finished product to quality control.
- Pay: $19-23/hr.
- Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Terms: Direct Hire
- Ensure mixing tank and other required equipment is clean.
- Setup and monitor all filters, hoses, pumps, scales, and tank(s) as required.
- Responsible for gathering, weighing, and adding materials to the batch according to work order instructions.
- Operates and monitors process through automatic and manual controls.
- Conducts all tasks with care in order to maintain a high level of quality.
- Participates in quality checks as required.
- Troubleshoot operations as needed and suggest needs for maintenance work orders to supervision where appropriate.
- Work as team with other employees and be accountable for personal actions.
- Assists filling drums and totes as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Perform essential functions of the job including but not limited to lifting to 60 lbs., operating forklifts, working on elevated platforms and standing for extended periods of time in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- One-year experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Employees must be able to wear personnel protective equipment while performing essential functions of the job.
- Understanding chemical processes is a plus.
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**