|JOB DESCRIPTION |
We are currently seeking a Product Planner I to join our Ground Systems team to support building non-standard commercial vehicles—this position is located in Columbus, OH, with a flexible 9/80 schedule.
The incumbent will support a cross-functional team of Project Managers, Designers, Engineers, Technical Leads, and other production stakeholders like the Quality Assurance team and Material Handlers. The Product Planner's focus is efficiently procuring materials by using their expertise based on price and schedule demand, ensuring on-time deliver
The selected candidate will:
• Assists with researching new suppliers when necessary.
• Maintain/establish working relationships with current and new suppliers through regular communication.
• Assists in monitoring supply levels based on part usage, quantities, and material lead times.
• Collaborate with suppliers to maintain delivery schedules by identifying potential supply delays and immediately communicating materials delays or problems to the Project Manager (PM).
• Track and provide statuses to PMs on delivery schedules, supply shortages, and other possible issues impacting the production flow.
• Assist in preparing and issuing purchase orders (POs) in conjunction with the Planning/Procurement Team to vendors using approved documentation and systems for submission.
• Reconcile and close out POs and procurement transactions using the ERP system.
• Troubleshoot reconciliation issues with the internal planning/procurement team.
Requirements to join the team:
• Be a U.S. Citizen.
• Possess a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or a related field.
• 3+ years of experience in purchasing/planning capacity.
• Must demonstrate a solid grasp of production planning principles such as Capacity Planning, Material Requirements Planning, and Inventory Management. APICS certification is considered a plus.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to participate as a critical team member.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Has the Project been awarded to Battelle? Yes
Has funding been granted? Yes
Are you working with any other outside vendors or Battelle Procurement to source for this need? No
Is Battelle also sourcing this role for a full-time employee? No
Does the end client require the candidate to have the COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting? Required as a condition of employment with Battelle effective 10/12/21. No
Is this role on-site or remote? (If remote, can they work remotely for the entirety of the project?) What is the physical work location address? On-site
Job Title: Product Planner I
Number of openings? 1
Is the candidate required to be a U.S. Citizen? Yes
Is a clearance required for this role? No
If so, is this required as a contractor or only if they are hired on at Battelle? N/A
How many hours a week will the contractor work? 40
Work Schedule? 9/80
Top 3 criteria/must-haves for the position?
Are there any technologies that candidates absolutely have to have experience with? CostPoint, SAP, or any other Manufacturing Resource Planning system.
What will the interview process look like? 30-minute Phone screen, then an in-person interview lasting a few hours.
Will you hire off of the phone or Skype if the candidate is not local but is willing to relocate for the job? No
What is the timeline for hiring? immediately
Why are the positions open? Ground Systems requires a full-time planner to support current and upcoming production contracts.
Do you have any upcoming time out of the office? We follow the Battelle Holiday Schedule and our 9/80 schedule.
Is this a temp-to-perm opportunity? Dependent on contracts forecast volume.