The objective of this position is to provide Project
Leadership, Research and Development, and technical service for multiple assigned technical projects conducted within the R&D department. Principal Engineer/Scientist II will be responsible for completing assigned projects with no supervision while promoting a safe work environment.
- Research, suggest, and develop new products and projects for the organic growth of corporation with minimal input from more senior R&D staff or R&D management.
- Recommend, plan, execute, generate, or obtain results, and evaluate the data from all experiments (lab and/or production scale).
- Prepare ongoing summaries and reports of the R&D projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations of projects and of new research.
- Adhere to all Design Control Procedures, Safety Policies, Environments Policies, and other facility requirements where the work is conducted.
- Support and collaborate with all individuals within the company as necessary and recommended to achieve the results required by assigned projects.
- participate at team meetings related to assigned projects.
- Organize and convene additional meetings as necessary to achieve project success.
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other Product Development staff as needed.
- Interface independently with customers, sales, technical service, quality control, production, and/or suppliers
- Recommend external meetings and conferences.
- Attend training for self-improvement.
- Conduct literature searches, including related technical papers, patents, and others, as needed.
- Travel may be required on a limited basis.
- Refer to the requirements for this position.
Knowledge and Experience
Required Work Experience
Required Supervisory and or Management Experience