Looking for a certified phlebotomist with 3+ years of experience to work with a well-established Clinic!
Must Be Able to start ASAP!!!
Location: Independence, LA 70443
Type of Job: Temp with potential conversion
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 8am to 4:30pm
Pay: $17-$18/hr DOE
Candidate is responsible for accurately obtaining blood samples via venipuncture and capillary collection procedures with minimum customer discomfort.
- Utilize technical skills and abilities to perform accurate venipuncture and capillary blood collection.
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen collection and handling.
- Correctly identifies patient and properly labels specimens.
- Correctly identifies and utilizes proper tubes, containers, transport media, and storage temperature for each test type.
- Correctly identifies proper priority for collection process.
- Follows appropriate guidelines as established by the laboratory for missed draws, recollects, or difficult sticks.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality.
- Utilizes resources for proper collection and processing of requested tests.
- Participates in any laboratory training programs.
- 3+ years of Phlebotomy experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good Attendance and Computer skills
- Certification from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians is preferred, but not required.